Craig Bellamy claims he is only looking for a permanent move away from Manchester City this summer.
The Welsh frontman spent the 2010/11 campaign with Cardiff, having headed home on a season-long loan deal.
It had been suggested that the 32-year-old would be moved out on a similar agreement this term, as he remains some way down the pecking order at City.
Bellamy, though, insists he has no desire to make another loan switch, with it is intention to see out his contract with City should a full-time deal fail to materialise.
"To be honest, I don't want to go on loan again because where would I go after that?" he said.
"A permanent move would be the best option for me.
"If not, I expect to stay the whole year at City.
"I'll obviously do very little. I won't be involved with the manager and the first-team."
Another man who is facing up to an uncertain future is Nedum Onuoha, who has returned to City this summer following a season-long loan at Sunderland.
The former England U21 international was another expected to be offloaded during the transfer window, but he claims he is prepared to fight for a place in Roberto Mancini's plans - even though he has no locker or squad number.
Onuoha told the Daily Star Sunday: "There have been a few structural changes since I've been away, but that seems to happen every year anyway.
"I don't have a locker, I don't have a squad number now but other than that, it's same as.
"I'm going to keep going through pre-season. Nothing has changed on my side and it's the same with a few others, too."
On his future, Onuoha added: "I'd love to stay and fight and until someone tells me to jog on, I'll keep trying."