Blackburn boss Steve Kean has confirmed El Hadji Diouf will face internal disciplinary action upon his belated return to Ewood Park.
The Senegal forward is due back at training with Rovers on Wednesday following a self-imposed exile from the club.
After spending the end of last season on loan at SPL champions Rangers, Diouf has been warned that he is no longer considered to be a first-team regular at Ewood Park.
He appears to have already accepted his fate, however, as he has not been seen at Blackburn since May.
Having gone AWOL, he will now face disciplinary action when he finally reports back for pre-season training.
"I don't know where he is right now but I know where he will be tomorrow - or at least he's telling us he'll be here tomorrow," said Rovers boss Kean.
"He's not been here since the end of last season and we tried to make contact with him and couldn't.
"He will face a disciplinary when he comes in, we'll discuss that with him and his representatives, and we will see what the way forward is.
"Without a doubt he will be facing a fine.
"I wanted to talk to him and see where his head was at. He was on loan (at Rangers) last season and we had an emergence of younger players in his position.
"I wanted to see what he felt. He has one year left, we respect the fact he has a contract but we are looking for him, like everyone else, to come back on the date we set - which he didn't.
"So we have to discuss that and also discuss the options of him potentially moving on."
Meanwhile, Blackburn have announced that their trip to India has been postponed in the wake of the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai and could now take place during October's international break.
Kean added: "The trip is not cancelled, it is postponed to another date because of the activity out there.
"The board had a meeting with the owners and spoke and decided we had to go through a number of different checks and that trip will now take place at the beginning of October."
It had been suggested a number of players were against travelling but Kean denied that was the case.
"The players are looking for guidance and as long as everything was explained to them, they were fine as a group," he said.
"I think the owners would have been disappointed if it was totally finished but the fact it has been put back a couple of weeks softens the disappointment."