Reds still talking terms
Forest continuing with their efforts to re-sign Moussi and Earnshaw
By Chris Burton. Last Updated: July 5, 2011 2:27pm
Steve McClaren says Nottingham Forest remain locked in contract talks with Rob Earnshaw and Guy Moussi.
Both men saw their previous deals at the City Ground expire at the end of last season.
Much has changed since then, with McClaren having replaced Billy Davies in the managerial hot-seat.
He has made it clear that he would like to see the pair stay and has been quick to open discussions regarding fresh terms.
Nothing has been agreed as yet, despite the best efforts of McClaren and his chief executive Mark Arthur, and Moussi and Earnshaw were absent from training on Tuesday.
Talks will continue, though, and there is still a chance that both could be involved with Forest again next season.
McClaren told the Nottingham Evening Post: "Mark is working very hard to get the two players to re-sign.
"Being put in this position is not ideal and we want to sort it out very quickly."