Given undecided on future
City keeper will weigh up his options over the summer
Last Updated: June 10, 2011 9:31am
Given: Insists Celtic talk is only speculation at the minute
Shay Given is yet to decide whether he will stay at Manchester City this summer.
The Republic of Ireland international had to play second fiddle to Joe Hart last season, making just four appearances for City.
Given has another two years on his contract but has been linked with a move to Celtic.
Although the 35-year-old is eager for more action, he is reluctant to leave a City squad looking to build on winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the Champions League last term.
The former Newcastle keeper will therefore have talks with the Eastlands club before choosing if he will move on.
"I don't know, it's too early to say yes or no either way," he told Sky Sports News.
"It's a big club that's going places, with fantastic owners, so you don't want to jump ship if you don't have to.
"But at the same time, I miss the buzz of playing football and I just want to get playing football again.
"We'll see what the club's thoughts on it are as well, it's not just myself. I'll see what they want me to do and what's best for both parties."
Given won his 113th cap in the Republic's Euro 2012 qualifying win over Macedonia at the weekend and was back in his homeland to take a coaching course.
The Irish have strong links with Celtic and Given admitted finishing his career with the Scottish giants would be an attractive option.
"I said last week when I was away with Ireland that it's a fantastic club, with great history and great supporters," he added.
"But it's purely speculation at the minute, I don't really know about it.
"(Celtic assistant manager) Alan Thompson's on this course as well so he's been giving me a bit of ear-ache.
"It's too early to say but it is a fantastic club."