Bournemouth have dismissed claims from Peterborough that they have accepted a bid for defender Jason Pearce.
Posh tabled an offer believed to be in the region of £500,000 for the influential centre-back, an offer which the London Road club confirmed had been accepted.
United's director of football Barry Fry had earlier told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph: "Bournemouth have accepted our offer for Pearce and I'm waiting to talk to the player."
But a Cherries spokesman on Friday afternoon said that the bid received has not in fact been accepted, throwing confusion on the situation.
Whether a deal can be agreed remains to be seen but Pearce himself is understood to currently be on holiday, meaning personal terms on any proposed agreement would not be able to take place any time soon.