Shay Given claims he expects to remain at Manchester City this summer - until he is told otherwise.
The veteran goalkeeper was forced to play second fiddle to Joe Hart at Eastlands last season and had been linked with a summer switch having turned 35 in April.
Given has remained first choice for the Republic of Ireland and is currently with the national team squad preparing for Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier in Macedonia.
The former Newcastle keeper is under contract with City to the summer of 2013 and has given no indication he will seek a move when he returns for pre-season training with the Blues.
"I'm concentrating on Saturday then we'll see what happens after that," he said on Wednesday.
"I've got two years left and the club haven't told me any different so we'll see what the deal is when I go back for pre-season."
Given made just four first-team appearances for City last season, none of which were in the Premier League as the Blues claimed a third-placed finish and a first-ever place in the Champions League.
He was also on the bench for City's FA Cup final victory against Stoke but his delight was clear for all to see as the club celebrated their first major piece of silverware since beating Newcastle to win the 1976 League Cup, two months before Given was born.
"It was great to win the FA Cup. The fans deserved it, it's been 35 years - I wasn't even born the last time they won a trophy," he added.
"The players that played worked really hard all season and they deserved it too so it was fantastic."