Sky Sports News understands Charlie Adam is still committed to Blackpool, despite seeking to leave the club in January.
Tottenham Hotspur came within minutes of landing the Scottish midfielder on deadline day, but a deal was unable to be rushed through before Monday's 11pm cut-off point.
Adam had been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool but the Merseysiders had been unable to agree a fee for the 25-year-old schemer, with Blackpool believed to be asking for £14million.
Adam's future remains up the air but the Seasiders skipper has told Sky Sports News he is still focused on helping the promoted Premier League side remain in the top-flight.
He said: "It has been a crazy day. I'm still a Blackpool player and I will do my best to help the club achieve its highest possible league finish."
Adam was the subject of the longest transfer story of the winter window after being pursued by Midlands duo Birmingham City and Aston Villa initially, the latter having a bid snubbed angrily by Tangerines tactician Ian Holloway.
Liverpool then entered the race for the former Rangers performer and also had a bid, believed to be £4million, rebuffed before Adam lodged a transfer request which was subsequently rejected by Blackpool.
Fernando Torres' impending departure to Chelsea for £50million on deadline day sparked suggestions the Reds would be prepared to match the Seasiders' valuation, while rumours linked Manchester United with a last-gasp bid, which later failed to materialise.
But it was Tottenham who expressed late interest and it remains to be seen whether the Londoners will come back in for a player who will have 12 months left to run on his contract in the summer.