Stoke boss Tony Pulis has confirmed the club have received a bid from Wolfsburg for striker Tuncay.
As revealed by Sky Sports News earlier on Sunday, Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg have tabled an offer for the Turkey international as they look to bring in a replacement for Edin Dzeko.
Tuncay has been linked with a move away from Stoke for some time after finding first-team chances hard to come by at the Britannia Stadium this season.
A number of Premier League clubs have been linked with a move, but Wolfsburg have now tabled a bid for the former Middlesbrough player.
Pulis has confirmed the two clubs are talking over a switch, but he hopes Stoke will end up keeping Tuncay when the transfer window closes.
"The club have received a bid from Wolfsburg and the clubs are talking but we are keen to keep Tuncay if we can," said Pulis.
Pulis also moved to reject Sunderland's claim that they had not made a bid for striker Ricardo Fuller.
There has been confusion over Fuller's future with Stoke claiming Sunderland have made an offer for the Jamaican only for the Black Cats to deny the suggestion that they are chasing the player.
However, Pulis is adamant that the Wearsiders have made a bid for Fuller and that the two clubs remain in dialogue over a possible deal before Monday's deadline.
"Sunderland also definitely made a bid for Ricardo," he said.
"Not good enough? I'm not saying that. I'm just saying Sunderland made a bid and the clubs are talking."