Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Chelsea are trying to sign David Luiz, but is unsure if a deal will be completed for the Benfica defender in the current transfer window.
Luiz has been a long-term target for the Premier League champions, who have reportedly had a cash-plus-player offer turned down by Benfica.
The Portuguese giants are rumoured to want £25million for Luiz as Ancelotti looks to bring in defensive cover before next Monday's deadline.
Speaking after the 4-0 win at Bolton Wanderers, Ancelotti revealed Chelsea have yet to reach an agreement with Benfica for the Brazil international.
Wait and see
"I think that we are trying to find a solution," Ancelotti told Sky Sports.
"He is a good player, a very good player, young, and now we have to wait and see.
"We have not agreed, again. We will try, but if it's not possible, nothing has changed."
Confusion arose last week over Chelsea's interest in Steven Pienaar and Ancelotti says Luiz will be the only new arrival at Stamford Bridge in January if a deal can be agreed.
He added: "Now, he is the only signing that we will try to do. We have to see."