Everton accept Pienaar bid
David Moyes has confirmed Everton have accepted a bid from Chelsea for midfielder Steven Pienaar but not Spurs.
By James Riach
Last Updated: 16/01/11 5:35pm
Everton manager David Moyes has confirmed that the club have accepted a bid from Chelsea for midfielder Steven Pienaar but turned down an offer from Tottenham.
South African star Pienaar, 28, is set for a Goodison Park exit as the Toffees are expected to cash in on a sale with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
Pienaar played no part in the Merseyside derby on Sunday as Everton held Liverpool 2-2 at Anfield.
After the final whistle Moyes confirmed that Premier League champions Chelsea have had a bid accepted but denied that Spurs have permission to speak to the player.
He said: "We have accepted an offer from Chelsea. Steven has not agreed terms with Chelsea.
"We've given his representatives a chance to talk to Chelsea but they've not got permission to talk to Tottenham because they've not offered the same money."
Chelsea are understood to have offered £3million for Pienaar, and Moyes has revealed that Pienaar asked not to play in the derby this weekend.
"Steven came to see me yesterday and said he didn't feel he was in the right place to play," added the Scot.
"I had a decision to make and I felt it would be better not to use him if that was the case.
"He will be in training tomorrow because at the moment we don't have a deal.
"If Tottenham offer the same money that may change or maybe he will agree terms with Chelsea."
Pienaar arrived at Everton from German outfit Borussia Dortmund, having previously played at Ajax.