Smith - No bids for Miller
Walter Smith says Rangers have not received any bids for Kenny Miller after Bursaspor were linked.
Last Updated: 28/12/10 4:49pm
Walter Smith insists Rangers have not received any bids for Kenny Miller and has confirmed contract talks have started with Sasa Papac.
Miller is out of contract at the end of the season and Gers have yet to make any headway regarding an extension for the club's top scorer.
Bursaspor, who were in the same UEFA Champions League group as Rangers this season, have reportedly made an offer for the 31-year-old.
Gers have previously stated the Scotland international will not be sold in January and Smith says there has been no bid from Turkish side Bursaspor.
"There has been nothing new in terms of contracts," said Smith.
"There has been no bid for him so I don't know where that came from."
Papac is another player whose deal runs out at the end of the campaign and, after the defender raised the issue over the lack of talks, Smith revealed discussions have now started with the Bosnian.
He added: "Martin Bain spoke to Sasa this morning and that's the start of the negotiating factor with him."
Meanwhile, Smith has confirmed Steven Naismith is a concern for Sunday's Old Firm derby due to a hamstring injury.
"Just now, he would be doubtful," said Smith. "He would have missed the game at St Johnstone.
"I would hope it would maybe settle down and give him a little bit of a chance but at the moment he is doubtful.
"It would be a blow to us to lose him because he has been playing extremely well.
"Not only has he been playing well, he has been playing very consistently as well. We would miss him if he didn't make it."