Sir Alex Ferguson does not expect Paul Scholes to change his mind and rejoin the England fold.
The Manchester United midfielder announced his international retirement immediately after Euro 2004, having earned 66 caps.
Despite having not turned out for his country for some six years, calls are mounting for him to reconsider his stance.
One approach has already been made by England coach Fabio Capello, who tried to draft Scholes into his World Cup plans.
He could be set to test the 35-year-old's resolve with a second call, as the Three Lions are due to get their Euro 2012 qualification campaign underway next week.
Scholes' club boss, Ferguson, believes it is unlikely the experienced playmaker will accept such an offer, though, as that chapter of his career has been firmly closed.
"I have no idea about England. I wouldn't have thought so," he said on the chances of Scholes being named in Capello's 23-man squad on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Ferguson has also leapt to the defence of recent arrival Bebe following what he believes has been a 'vicious' attack on the Portuguese striker.
It had been claimed that United had been left disappointed by their latest acquisition and were seriously questioning their £7million outlay.
However, Ferguson insists Bebe has made a positive impression since arriving at Old Trafford and is slowly building up his fitness.
"I know he has had a couple of vicious attacks on him for why he wasn't playing in the reserve game but he was never going to be playing on Tuesday," said Ferguson.
"The boy did not deserve that.
"He is a young man trying to make his way in football. They didn't need to do that. It was a really bitter attack. Ability-wise he is excellent. He is a terrific finisher.
"We have been very impressed with that. It is just the fitness levels he needs to get to."