Crystal Palace boss George Burley is determined to keep Julian Speroni at Selhurst Park.
The Argentine goalkeeper is entering the final year of his Palace contract and talks over an extension have stalled.
The 31-year-old has therefore been strongly linked with a summer switch to Celtic or Middlesbrough, who have received a bid from Liverpool for their number one Brad Jones.
But Burley insists Palace are not looking to cash in on Speroni, who has been the club's player of the year the last three seasons.
"We are still talking with Julian Speroni about extending his contract," he told the Croydon Advertiser.
"We haven't come to any agreement yet but we want to keep him.
"(Boro boss) Gordon Strachan called me up last week and made an enquiry but that is as far as it went. We had no concrete offer and we don't want one."
Burley has also moved to allay fears amongst some supporters that Speroni was bidding farewell as he took his time leaving the field after Tuesday's Carling Cup win at Yeovil.
"Some fans told me they thought that after the Leicester game as well," he said. "But he played last night and he will be in goal at Barnsley."
Richard Wright has been mentioned as a potential replacement as he is training with the club following his release by Ipswich this summer, but ex-Ipswich boss Burley ruled out any possible deal.
"I've known Richard since he was 17 and he is a very good friend of our goal-keeping coach Malcolm Webster," Burley added.
"All he is doing is keeping fit while he looks for a club."