Wigan chairman David Whelan says there is no way he would welcome disgraced striker Marlon King back to the club.
Former Latics forward King was released from prison on Thursday after serving an 18 month sentence for sexual assault and causing actual bodily harm to a woman in December 2008 while he was on loan at Hull.
King could be set to revive his career in the new season after being linked with several clubs, but Whelan insists a return to the DW Stadium is out of the question for the 30-year-old following his sacking last year.
"There is no chance of him coming back to Wigan, no," Whelan told Sky Sports News.
"I was really upset at the time because we'd paid £3million for him and my complaint was I think all players should have a passport of their health, their injuries and also if they've got a criminal record.
"And I still believe that every player should have that and that was why I was so upset.
"He's made a big mistake, he's served a prison sentence for it so I think we've got to say we forgive him and he's got to get on with his life.
"He made a mistake and we forgive him for it, but no, he won't play again for Wigan."
Despite ruling out a move back to Wigan, 73-year-old Whelan hopes Jamaica international King will be able to reform his character wherever he ends up.
"We had the lad and dealing with him he was very good," added Whelan.
"We couldn't complain, he trained well and he seemed a good lad. But he has had a record and he has done this before and he has to learn the lesson - he's got to behave himself.
"To be a professional footballer you've got to be a good character and a good citizen."
Whelan admits the fact King could be given the chance to restart his footballing career reflects badly on the sport as a whole.
"It doesn't say a lot for football in general, especially professional football," he added.
"If he gets a club to sign him I would say good luck to him and good luck to the club but coming to Wigan, no chance, we would never entertain signing Marlon again."