Coyle - No Hughton contact
Bolton boss yet to speak with Magpies chief over transfer targets
Last Updated: June 26, 2010 1:49pm
Samuel: Newcastle target
Owen Coyle has stated that he is unaware of interest from Chris Hughton in any Bolton players.
Newcastle manager Hughton is currently assessing the availability of possible transfer targets and has been heavily linked with a move for Trotters defender Jlloyd Samuel.
Reports earlier this week suggested that Bolton had rejected a £1million offer for Samuel, although Hughton later denied making a bid.
Hughton did admit to holding an interest in the 29-year-old, saying that he 'could not say there hasn't been a phone call to see what the situation is'.
Hughton added that he had enquired about other players from the same club, with Andy O'Brien and Danny Shittu also understood to be on the Magpies' radar.
However, Bolton boss Coyle says he has not been contacted by Hughton and he does not believe chairman Phil Gartside has either.
"I've not spoken to Chris Hughton on a football level and, to the best of my knowledge, neither has Phil Gartside," Coyle said in the Daily Express