Egyptian striker Mido has told Sky Sports News that he is determined to prove a point in England after signing a four-month loan contract at West Ham United.
The forward, who is officially still on the books of Middlesbrough but has been playing on loan at El Zamalek, was in London to complete the formalities of his move on winter transfer deadline day as the Hammers aim to further bolster their attack.
West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola completed the signing of Benni McCarthy on Monday and the arrival of Brazilian Ilan is expected to be confirmed as personal term discussions continue.
But the Italian has also moved for former Tottenham player Mido and he appears to have signed a man on a mission after the forward was branded somewhat of a flop at his previous English clubs.
The 26-year-old told Sky Sports News of his move to West Ham: "I had to sacrifice some things but I am here to play football. I am here to prove a point, definitely.
"I am very happy to be here. It is a great club and I am sure I will do well here, hopefully."
Hammers co-owner David Sullivan has previously stated that Mido had offered to play for just £1,000-a-week.
West Ham were snubbed by Ruud van Nistelrooy and Zola's former Chelsea team-mate Eidur Gudjohnsen earlier in the transfer window.