Uli Hoeness has rejected claims a deal has already been agreed with Real Madrid for the sale of Franck Ribery.
Speculation regarding Ribery's future is nothing new but the transfer talk took another twist on Wednesday as reports in Germany suggested Bayern Munich had already prepared themselves for his departure.
It was claimed that no money had actually changed hands in the deal that took Arjen Robben from Real to the Allianz Arena over the summer, with his value to be offset against the projected 55million euro sale of Ribery.
However, Bayern president Hoeness has laughed off the report and insisted there was nothing unusual about the Robben deal.
"There is no agreement at all with Real," he told the Suddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.
"There have been no offers, no options and no negotiations about or with him (Ribery).
"We have paid for Robben as is usual practice."
Hoeness recently admitted that it would be hard to keep hold of Ribery if he refuses to commit himself to a new contract, but he has not given up hope of convincing the Frenchman to put pen to paper.
"That is our first option," he explained. "Only if we see there is no chance of that happening, then we would open talks with others."
Daniel van Buyten is another player to have been linked with a move away from Bayern and he admits he will have to consider his future in the summer.
The 31-year-old is out of contract in June and has yet to be offered a new deal by the Bavarian club.
Since Bayern have made it a policy of not offering players over the age of 30 contracts of more than one year, Van Buyten has hinted that he may have to look elsewhere.
"My next contract will probably be my last or penultimate one. Therefore, I would like to sign on for longer than a year," he said.
"We will have to wait and see what comes out of our talks."