Stoke City striker James Beattie is confident he is fit to start against former club Everton following an ankle injury.
Beattie, who had a short spell on the sidelines with a knee injury earlier in the season, has been troubled by an ankle complaint in recent weeks.
He initially picked up the knock in the 2-1 home defeat by Chelsea and then aggravated the problem in the Carling Cup win over Blackpool.
The former England international was restricted to a late cameo as a substitute in last week's home reverse against Manchester United, but has been working hard in training this week.
The 31-year-old is now keen to be involved in Sunday's game at Goodison Park as he seeks to rediscover the goalscoring form he displayed upon his arrival at the Britannia Stadium in January.
"The gaffer has said he wants me back to what I was doing last season," Beattie, who has yet to score this season, told The Sentinel. "The fans want that, and there is no-one who wants it more than me.
"The only way I am going to do that is by playing and training hard and that is what I am doing.
"The lads have had three days off this week, but I haven't taken one. I've been training, and doing the extra bit because I want to go out there and do the shirt proud.
"The ankle is coming on well so, as far as I am concerned, I am fit.
"To have to come off after 10 minutes against Chelsea was frustrating, but I think I am lucky I haven't ruptured my ligaments or broken my ankle.
"I looked down at my ankle at the time and did think I had broken it, so to be back within the week was great."