Walter Smith says he is unlikely to appeal his four-match touchline ban after being sent to the stands during Rangers' goalless draw with Kilmarnock.
The Gers boss received his marching orders from referee Steve Conroy after he mistakenly thought Killie players were trying to get Pedro Mendes shown a second yellow card.
The Scottish Football Association have confirmed the ban after Smith was found guilty of misconduct, with the organisation saying he adopted 'a threatening and aggressive attitude'.
But while Smith said on Friday that it is unlikely that he will appeal, he insisted he had not yet been informed of the ban by the SFA.
He said: "I haven't heard anything about it yet so I don't know effectively that I am banned yet.
"I've had no indication from the SFA that's the case. I take it I have the right to appeal but we haven't heard anything yet in an official sense, although the media seem to know that it's happened."
Smith has until 30th September to appeal and, when asked whether he plans to exercise that right, he said: "I have to see what's written first before we can judge what we are going to do.
"I don't hold myself up as an innocent party. But it depends what's in the report as to whether we can appeal. Somebody might have the wrong end of the stick.
"We don't know exactly what it is that I've been banned for - apart from what I hear in the media.
"I can't remember what the procedure was the last time I was in this position but, so far, the media certainly seem to know about it before I do.
"I take it that's not the normal way of going about things so there must be a problem somewhere.
"I was out of order and I admitted that but you have to wait and find out exactly what annoyed the authorities. On an overall basis, I'm not going to appeal."
Smith admitted he was in the wrong immediately after the game but was not surprised his apology was apparently not taken into account by the SFA when handing out his punishment.
"I don't think that will have anything to do with it," he said.
"I was only trying to clarify to the referee that the little bit of anger that was on show was not directed at him."
Smith's ban begins with the visit of Celtic next week and he added: "I do watch a lot of games in the stand but it does make it a little more awkward in terms of communication towards the dugout and decisions that have to be made.
"But we will try to overcome that with the use of modern technology."
The SFA confirmed on Friday that a letter had been posted to Smith informing him of his ban on Wednesday, with a spokesman adding that it was standard practise to publish a list of suspensions on their website every Thursday.
Meanwhile, Rangers have been dealt a blow with the news that Sasa Papac is set to miss the SPL game against Aberdeen on Saturday.
The full-back is a doubt with a hamstring strain and is unlikely to be risked ahead of next week's UEFA Champions League game against Sevilla.
Smith told Sky Sports: "I would say he would more likely miss tomorrow's game than be available for it considering we have another game on Tuesday."
Kyle Lafferty also remains on the sidelines with a knee injury, with Smith adding the club have to be careful about rushing him back.
"We don't feel that he is ready to come back in yet - he was close to it but it is one of those where we have to wait and see.
"We'll not take a chance with him at present."