Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie has revealed that he received no offers for David James on transfer deadline day.
The England international goalkeeper had been the subject of intense speculation prior to the closure of the summer window on Tuesday.
Pompey's Premier League rivals Tottenham were reported to be weighing up an approach, with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp keen to be reunited with James.
However, no move was forthcoming and the experienced shot-stopper remains at Fratton Park.
"He's still here. Obviously there was a lot of talk about David but we didn't have any direct offers for him," Storrie told Sky Sports News.
"I think a lot of it was done from David and from his agents. There was, I think, some interest from Tottenham, but nothing that moved into any bids."
Redknapp has also moved to distance himself from the rumours, insisting he never intended to bid for James.
"There was nothing there. I have said many times that I think David is a fantastic goalkeeper, but I have got two terrific goalkeepers (Heurelho Gomes and Carlo Cudicini) here so it was never going to be a possibility," he said.