Jefferson Farfan has finally ended months of speculation over his future by penning a new four-year deal at Bundesliga giants Schalke.
The Peruvian had initially turned down the chance to extend his deal at the Royal Blues last year and the 27-year old was rumoured to be a target of a number of high-profile European clubs.
However, director of sport Horst Heldt revealed the former PSV Eindhoven star had a change of heart a few weeks ago.
Farfan signed a contract extension until 2016 after Saturday's 4-0 Bundesliga win over Hertha Berlin which secured their place in the Champions League group stage next season.
"We had always said that we were open to talks and about a fortnight ago there were the first signs of him coming back to the negotiating table, and we took advantage of that," Heldt told Sky television.
"We are very, very pleased that it has worked out because we always wanted to extend Jefferson's contract.
"In recent weeks, we have managed to get there with the support of the fans, who have always supported him, and this is important for the coming years."