Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta insists there have been no developments in the club's pursuit of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.
The Spain midfielder has been continuously linked with a return to his boyhood side, who saw two bids rejected by the Gunners last summer.
Their interest in the 24-year-old remains, but club president Sandro Rosell has made it clear the European giants will not pay over the odds for his signature and suggested the player's value has fallen over the past 12 months.
A further twist in the saga developed last week when it emerged Barca's fierce Primera Liga rivals Real Madrid are also reportedly targeting Fabregas this summer.
Zubizarreta claims there has been no further movement in Barcelona's own pursuit of the midfielder.
"Things have not changed," he told Spanish press on Wednesday. "Much calm is needed in this operation in order to attend to events."
Meanwhile, Barca have completed the signing of young midfielder Kiko Femenia from Hercules in a reported €2million (£1.8m) deal, with another €1.5m (£1.3m) depending on variables in the contract.
The 20-year-old is expected to play for Barcelona B in the Spanish second tier during his initial season at the club before progressing to the first team.
Femenia, who becomes the most expensive signing in relegated Hercules' history, told informacion.es: "It opens a new world to me. It's an incredible opportunity."