Lecce president Pierluigi Semeraro is keeping faith with coach Luigi De Canio following the club's home defeat by Genoa.
De Canio had offered to resign earlier this week following Lecce's struggles in Serie A this season on the back of winning promotion.
His offer was rejected by the board, but things failed to improve on Sunday as Genoa came from behind to win 3-1 at Lecce.
However, Semeraro will not press the panic button and has targeted defensive reinforcements when the January transfer window opens.
Save the season
"Nothing will happen after this defeat," Semeraro told Sky Italia. "This is the moment when we must be closer.
"The team and coach must be calm. We must try to understand what we are not able to show on the pitch.
"It's a pity because today we played an attentive game, but we lost. We must save the season because that's the most important thing.
"We are already working on the signings that will arrive in January. Certainly we will do something in defence."
Semeraro also revealed no decision has been taken on the future of Souleymane Diamoutene, who was left out of the game against Genoa after being attacked by the club's own supporters in training.
"We must see if he would like to stay," said Semeraro. "It is a delicate situation. We will see in January what will happen.
"He has been defended immediately by the club and the coach decided not to call him up today due to security reasons.
"So, he hasn't been called up to avoid problems and to protect him and not because we have suffered due to the influence of those people who entered our training ground during the week."