FA Cup: Charlton Athletic beat Oxford United 3-0 in third-round replay
Last Updated: 21/01/14 11:09pm
Yann Kermorgant: At the double for Charlton
French striker Yann Kermorgant scored twice as Sky Bet Championship side Charlton eased to a 3-0 win over League Two Oxford at the Kassam Stadium to book an FA Cup fourth-round trip to Huddersfield.
Kermorgant, whose late equaliser at The Valley last week earned the Addicks a replay after they had trailed 2-0, struck his first in the 35th minute with a fine drive.
Simon Church laid the ball off to him 20 yards out and his sweet left-footed shot was too powerful for goalkeeper Ryan Clarke, who could only divert the ball high into the net.
Oxford, unbeaten away in the league this season but with indifferent form at home, were still trying to recover from that goal when Chris Powell's team struck again on their next attack in the 38th minute.
Church raced forward following a slip by Michael Raynes and, after drawing Clarke, he squared it for Danny Green to knock in from three yards.
Oxford played with more urgency at the start of the second half and Josh Ruffels went close to pulling one back with a header.
But Kermorgant sealed Charlton's first win of 2014 with a brilliant 25-yard free-kick curled into the top corner on 58 minutes.
FA Cup third round
Charlton boss Chris Powell praised his team as they cruised to a 3-0 win at League Two Oxford in the FA Cup third round.
Manuel Pellegrini says Manchester City will not ease off the throttle after reaching 99 goals against Blackburn.
Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer heaped praise on Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini after his side's 5-0 thumping.
- Dzeko happy with Sergio return
- Five-star City rout Rovers
- Clark on hunt for signings
- Meulensteen praise for duo
- Beaten Hughton feels the heat
- Grayson hails hat-trick hero
- Howe vows to stay focused
- Sannino happy to be through
- Powell slams sloppy Charlton
- Gray admits derby hangover
- Peterborough knocked out
- Wigan break Dons in extra-time
- Bournemouth ease to Burton win
- Birmingham see off Rovers
- Watford reach fourth round
- Myrie-Williams wins it for Vale
- Garner hat-trick stuns Ipswich
- Wednesday too strong for Macc
- Charlton grab late Oxford draw
- Riise: Fulham must be ruthless
- Toure: Goal will boost Aspas
- No punishment for Walcott
- Watmore enjoys 'dream' debut
- Charlton postpone again
- Moyes: No excuses for exit
- Laudrup lauds 'special' win