F1 Gossip: Putting you in the know
Last Updated: 05/03/14 10:01am
The latest unofficial news from the high-intrigue world of F1...
* The Daily Mail report that Bernie Ecclestone says F1 could head to Azerbaijan as early as 2015 for a race on the streets of Baku.
* The Haas team are close to confirming their entry for 2015 using Ferrari power.
* Olivier Quesnel is expected to be named as the new Team Principal at Lotus following the departure of Eric Boullier to McLaren. The 66-year-old Frenchman is a former head of Peugeot Sport.
* Sky Bet have reacted to Red Bull's woes at Jerez by installing Mercedes as the favourites for the Constructors' Championship. Sebastian Vettel remains the favourite for the Drivers' Championship, however.
* Drinks brand Martini, former sponsors of Brabham and Lotus, are believed to be on the cusp of a return to F1 as title sponsors of Williams. The Grove-based outfit are yet to reveal their 2014 livery, running a testing livery instead at Jerez.
* Rob Smedley is likely to follow Felipe Massa to Williams in March after serving the end of his contract with Ferrari.