ART's Jack Harvey takes victory in GP3 Race Two at Monza
Daniil Kvyat and Lewis Williamson complete podium
By William Esler. Last Updated: 17/09/13 1:38pm
Jack Harvey: Winner in Italy (GP3 Series Media)
Jack Harvey took his second win of the season after an action-packed start to GP3 Race Two at Monza.
Starting second, the ART driver took the lead when pole-sitter Patric Niederhauser stalled on the grid. As the field swept past the stranded Jenzer driver, his team-mate Alex Fontana was unsighted and ploughed into the back of the Swiss.
Those who had avoided the Jenzer car were battling into turn one, but when David Fumanelli braked early, Ryan Cullen was fired over the back of the Trident and into Giovanni Venturini, bringing out the safety car.
At the restart, Drivers' Championship leader Facu Regalia got past Alexander Sims for second, but he wouldn't hold the position for long as Lewis Williamson passed the pair.
Saturday's race winner Daniil Kvyat was on a charge behind them and took the final podium spot away from Regalia on lap 13 with a lovely move around the outside of the Argentine at the second chicane. He would make that second two laps later with another fantastic move around the outside of Williamson, this time at Ascari.
Conor Daly picked up a valuable point in his championship challenge with a move on Carlos Sainz at Parabolica on the final lap - having started 23rd on the grid - but he drops below Kevin Korjus in the standings.
GP3 Italy - Race Two
1) Jack Harvey (GBR) - ART Grand Prix - 29:24.152
2) Daniil Kvyat (RUS) - MW Arden - +0.915
3) Lewis Williamson (GBR) - Bamboo Engineering - +1.559
4) Facu Regalia (ARG) - ART Grand Prix - +3.144
5) Kevin Korjus (EST) - Koiranen GP - +4.691
6) Alexander Sims (GBR) - Carlin - +5.332
7) Melville McKee (GBR) - Bamboo Engineering - +6.742
8) Conor Daly (USA) - ART Grand Prix - +7.466
9) Carlos Sainz (ESP) - MW Arden - +8.000
10) Robert Visoiu (ROU) - MW Arden - +13.426
11) Tio Ellinas (CYP) - Marussia Manor Racing - +13.673
16) Josh Webster (GBR) - Status Grand Prix - +42.320
Nick Yelloly (GBR) - Carlin - Not classified
Ryan Cullen (GBR) - Marussia Manor Racing - Not classified
1) Facu Regalia - 138
2) Daniil Kvyat - 131
3) Kevin Korjus - 107
4) Conor Daly - 104
5) Jack Harvey - 96
6) Tio Ellinas - 95
7) Nick Yelloly - 86
8) Aaro Vainio - 75
9) Carlos Sainz - 66
10) Alexander Sims - 57