Terms & Conditions - Dreams Come True Promotion
Last updated: 03/10/12 10:22am
1) This promotion (the "Promotion") is organised by British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD (the "Promoter") and is open to UK, Isle of Man, Channel Island and Republic of Ireland residents, aged at least 5 and no more than 18 years at the date the entry is received ("Eligible Entrants"). Proof of age may be required. Medical evidence as to fitness to participate in a prize winning experience may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company ("Sky"), News Corporation Group, Sky Italia Group companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2) There are two ways of entering the Promotion:
a) The first way is for the parent or legal guardian of an Eligible Entrant to complete the online form with the Eligible Entrant's age, address, primary telephone and e-mail contact and a brief description of the Eligible Entrant's medical condition and personal history and why the Eligible Entrant deserves to spend a special day with his or her sporting hero(es).
b) The second way is for a third party adult to complete the form on behalf of the Eligible Entrant's parents or legal guardians, again giving the name, primary telephone contact number, e-mail and postal address of the Eligible Entrant's parents/legal guardians together with the Eligible Entrant's age, address, medical condition and a brief description of the Eligible Entrant's personal history and why the Eligible Entrant deserves to spend a special day with his or her sporting hero(es).
Regardless of whether the entry is made under paragraph 2(a) or 2(b) above, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3) This Promotion opens on October 3, 2012 and all entries must be received by midnight on October 10, 2012. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion, but without prejudice to any entries received before the deadline, to extend the time available in which to enter. Any revised deadline shall be advertised in the same manner as the original deadline.
4) One entry per Eligible Entrant. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified. Promotion of entries through third party websites is prohibited.
5) Five Eligible Entrants (the "Selected Entrants") will be chosen by a selection panel from all correct and eligible entries received by the deadline stated in accordance with paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 of these terms. The Selected Entrants will be notified by email/phone by October 31, 2012.
6) The selection panel will consist of members of the Dreams Come True Production Team, Kirsty Gallacher and independent adjudicator Greg Searle. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the membership of the selection panel. The Selected Entrants will be chosen by the selection panel based on who the selection panel deems most suitable for each prize considering those entrants' histories and their stated reasons for winning. An Eligible Entrant's success is also conditional on being:
a) able to complete filming by no later than December 10, 2012; and
b) willing to agree to further terms and conditions (including those of any third party required under paragraph 13) related to the event organised under the Promotion; and
c) willing to enter into a release in relation to all image rights across all media and all Sky network channels.
7) The Promoter reserves the right to increase the number of Selected Entrants but will not reduce the number of Selected Entrants to less than 5 other than in circumstances outside of the Promoter's control.
8) Each of the five Selected Entrants will receive the following: an opportunity to spend a day with a sports personality or sports team of his or her choice, provided always that the Promoter does not guarantee that any particular sports personality or team will be available or willing to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to offer a substitute sports personality or sports team if any sports personality or sports team requested by the Selected Entrant is unavailable. The Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavors to fulfill the Selected Entrant's request. The Promoter shall meet each Selected Entrant's reasonable expenses (including reasonable travel and meal expenses) incurred in taking up the prize experience. The prize does not include travel insurance, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. Selected Entrants shall redeem their prize on a date to be confirmed by the Promoter, who shall use its reasonable endeavors to accommodate a Selected Entrant's wishes but is under no obligation to do so. The Promoter and its affiliates will not be responsible for delay caused by third parties. Further terms and conditions will apply. Correct at time of publication (October 3, 2012);
9) The Selected Entrants and guests are responsible for their own passport and visa arrangements.
10) There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
11) Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any participation in, postponement of, cancellation of, delay in or changes to the Promotion or the prize offered by the Promotion beyond the Promoter's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
12) The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier, including the requirement to sign a release form will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
13) If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another Eligible Entrant.
14) The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
15) Details of the Selected Entrants' first name and county will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
16) The name, county and likeness of the Selected Entrants may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for broadcast television and post-event publicity purposes. The Selected Entrants agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
17) In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each Selected Entrant's, and each Eligible Entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering the Promotion. Selected Entrants will be approached for their consent to obtain personal sensitive information once they are chosen by the selection panel. Data relating to Selected Entrants will be destroyed at the earlier of (i) the end of the prize experience awarded under the Promotion or (ii) the date on which the Selected Entrant withdraws from the Promotion. In all other cases, any data collected in connection with the Promotion will be destroyed by the Promoter once the Promoter has determined not to proceed with the application to which the data relates.
18) The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including the entries of Selected Entrants) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with his or entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants, Sky staff, or any third party involved in providing the prize under the Promotion which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If any Selected Entrant is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award that Selected Entrant's prize to another Eligible Entrant or not at all.
19) Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
20) This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each Eligible Entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.