Name: Ken Barrington
Date of birth: 24/11/1930
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut v South Africa at Nottingham - June, 1955.
- Over a 13 year Test career, Barrington played 82 tests amassing 6806 runs at an average of 58.67, which is surpassed for England only by Herbert Sutcliffe.
- His highest Test score came against Australia in 1964 when he hit 256 runs in the first innings of the 4th test.
- He was named as one of Wisden's Cricketers of the Year in 1960.
- A heart attack forced premature retirement at 37, he went on to become assistant manager for England.
- He tragically died on the West Indies tour in 1981 after another heart attack.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1955-1968||Innings Bowled:||50|
|Highest Score:||256||Best bowling in Innings:||3/4|
Today's Fixtures & Results
S Africa 244CloseIndia 280 & 284-2
India lead South Africa by 320 runs with 8 wickets remaining
Pakistan 284-4In-PlaySri Lanka 50-1
Sri Lanka need 235 runs to win from 40.1 overs
New Zealand 156-3CloseW Indies 367
New Zealand trail West Indies by 211 runs with 7 wickets remaining
Stars 208-7ResultRenegades 132
Melbourne Stars win by 76 runs
England U19 139ResultPakistan U19 229-8
Pakistan Under 19s win by 90 runs