Name: Ken Barrington
Date of birth: 24/11/1930
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut v South Africa at Nottingham - June, 1955.
- Over a 13 year Test career, Barrington played 82 tests amassing 6806 runs at an average of 58.67, which is surpassed for England only by Herbert Sutcliffe.
- His highest Test score came against Australia in 1964 when he hit 256 runs in the first innings of the 4th test.
- He was named as one of Wisden's Cricketers of the Year in 1960.
- A heart attack forced premature retirement at 37, he went on to become assistant manager for England.
- He tragically died on the West Indies tour in 1981 after another heart attack.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1955-1968||Innings Bowled:||50|
|Highest Score:||256||Best bowling in Innings:||3/4|