Name: Alec Bedser
Date of birth: 04/07/1918
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test debut England v India at Lord's - June, 1946.
- A medium-fast bowler who was a fine exponent of line and length and a master of both the inswinger and the legcutter.
- He made his Test debut post-war in what was only his 13th First Class match.
- He took 11 wickets in each of his first two Tests and spearheaded England's attack in a further 49 Tests.
- In 1953 he led England's Ashes victory with 39 wickets at 17.48, including 14 for 99 at Trent Bridge.
- He took 100 wickets in a season 11 times, and was key to Surrey's eight Championship victories between 1950 and 1958.
- He was knighted in 1996 and made president of Surrey in 1997.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1946-1955||Innings Bowled:||92|
|Highest Score:||79||Best bowling in Innings:||7/44|