Name: Hedley Verity
Date of birth: 18/05/1905
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test debut v New Zealand at The Oval, July 1931.
- A war hero who died as a prisoner of war of wounds sustained in Italy in July of 1943. His last words were reported to be "keep going"
- A great left-handed bowler, who had the finest average of his time.
- Played in 40 Test matches taking 144 wickets. His race to 100 test wickets set records at the time.
- Took 14 wickets in a day in a test match against Australia at Lord's on the second day of the test in 1934.
- Twice took 10 wickets in an innings in first-class cricket, including an astounding 10 for ten runs against Nottinghamshire for Yorkshire in just 19.4 six-run overs.
- Only made his debut for Yorkshire at 25, where his decent batting ability gave him an all-rounder tag.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1932-1939||Innings Bowled:||73|
|Highest Score:||66||Best bowling in Innings:||8/43|