Name: Maurice Leyland
Date of birth: 20/07/1900
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Left-hand
- Test Debut v West Indies at The Oval - August, 1928
- Leyland was the archetypal Yorkshire in every sense of the word and was at his best when it mattered most.
- A mainstay in the England side for a decade, the left-hander scored 2764 runs in 41 tests at an average of 46.
- Against the Aussies, Leyland averaged nearly 57 an innings, proof of his appetite for the big challenges.
- His biggest score came in his final test, the famous Hutton test at the Oval.
- Leyland shared a stand of 382 with his county colleague, scoring 187, as Hutton scored a then record 364, and England amassed a mammoth 903-7.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1929.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1928-1938||Innings Bowled:||27|
|Highest Score:||187||Best bowling in Innings:||3/91|
Today's Fixtures & Results
New Zealand 152-9ResultAustralia 151
New Zealand win by 1 wicketEngland22:00Sri Lanka
India 104-1ResultUAE 102
India win by 9 wickets
New Zealand 230-8ResultEngland 232-5
England Women win by 5 wickets
NSW 345 & 97ResultWestern Austral 300 & 143-3
Western Australia win by 7 wicketsVictoria 389ResultQueensland 207 & 168
Victoria win by an innings and 14 runs