Name: Herbert Sutcliffe
Date of birth: 24/11/1894
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut v South Africa at Birmingham - June, 1924
- The names of Sutcliffe and Hobbs will go down in history as England's greatest opening partnership.
- Sutcliffe himself scored 4555 runs for England in 54 tests at an astonishing average of 60.73.
- His defence was legendary, but when the time called he could be destructive as his famous centuries against Australia at the Oval in 1926 and Melbourne in 1929 will testify.
- A name is synonymous with both Yorkshire and England, Sutcliffe was the consummate professional, both in technique and manner.
- He scored more than 50,000 first-class runs and made 145 first-wicket century stands.
- Named one of Wisden's Cricketers of the Year 1920 after his very first season in first-class cricket, no doubt he would have won the honour every had tradition allowed it.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1924-1935||Innings Bowled:||0|
|Highest Score:||194||Best bowling in Innings:||N/A|