Name: Jack White
Date of birth: 19/02/1891
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut v Australia at Leeds - July, 1921
- White, for a left-arm spin bowler, did not get a great deal of turn out of the ball, but instead relied heavily on accuracy and variations of pace.
- Having first appeared for England in 1921 at the age of 30, the rest of his test caps came after the age of 37.
- His finest performance came during the 1928/29 Ashes. In the Adelaide test he took 13 wickets for 256 runs in helping England to a 12-run victory. He took 25 wickets in the series.
- White was more than capable with the bat also, twice achieving the double.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1929.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1921-1931||Innings Bowled:||27|
|Highest Score:||29||Best bowling in Innings:||8/126|
Today's Fixtures & Results
Somerset 486-6In-PlayMiddlesexNotts 151-2In-PlaySussex 391
Nottinghamshire trail Sussex by 240 runs with 8 wickets remainingDurham 205-4In-PlayNorthants
HantsIn-PlayKent 502-8Leics 138In-PlayEssex 328-9
Essex lead Leicestershire by 190 runs with 1 wicket remainingSurrey 181 & 113-4In-PlayDerbys 210
Surrey lead Derbyshire by 84 runs with 6 wickets remaining
W Indies 380 & 208-4CloseBangladesh 161
West Indies lead Bangladesh by 427 runs with 6 wickets remaining
Southern Expres 108-9In-PlayLahore Lions 164-6
Southern Express need 57 runs to win from 2.3 oversMumbai15:30Northern Distri