Name: Bernard Bosanquet
Date of birth: 13/10/1877
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
-Test Debut v Australia at Sydney - December, 1903
- Bosanquet is the person we have to thank for the likes of Shane Warne, for it was he who invented and mastered the famous 'googly'.
- When he first used the demon ball in Australia his victim, Arthur Shewsbury complained to the umpire arguing it wasn't fair.
- On favourable pitches Bosanquet could be lethal. He once to 15 wickets for just 65 runs for Oxford. His best figures for England came against the Aussies in 1905, 8 for 107.
- Handy with the bat, Bosenquet scored a ton in both innings in 1905 for Middlesex against Sussex, and also 11 wickets in the game, a double feat that has never been repeated.
- Despite the massive influence he alone has had on the game, Bosenquets career statistics are not remarkable for their day, or compared to today's players. He won just 7 test caps.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1905.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1903-1905||Innings Bowled:||11|
|Highest Score:||27||Best bowling in Innings:||8/107|
Today's Fixtures & Results
S Africa 411-4ResultIreland 210
South Africa win by 201 runs