Name: Victor Trumper
Date of birth: 02/11/1877
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut, England v Australia at Trent Bridge, June 1899.
- Victor Trumper was one of Australia's all time best batsmen, a right hander and a right-arm medium paced bowler.
- Victor was able to score on any ground and in any weather, setting himself apart from anyone else in his era.
- On his debut tour of England he scored 135 at Lord's and 300 not out against Sussex.
- His finest moment came on the tour of England in 1902, where he scored 2570 runs in 35 matches during an awful summer for weather.
- He was named a Wisden cricketer of the year in 1903.
- In 1910/11 when South Africa toured Australia he scored 662 in the 5 Test's, with an average of 94.
- Unfortunately he had been suffering with illness latter in his career and died form Bright's disease in June 28, 1915, aged just 37 years old.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1899-1912||Innings Bowled:||15|
|Highest Score:||214||Best bowling in Innings:||3/60|
Today's Fixtures & Results
Somerset 523-9 DecIn-PlayMiddlesex 223 & 274-2
Middlesex trail Somerset by 26 runs with 8 wickets remainingDurham 392ResultNorthants 83 & 90
Durham win by an innings and 219 runsNotts 413 & 63-3In-PlaySussex 391 & 406-6 Dec
Nottinghamshire trail Sussex by 321 runs with 7 wickets remaining
Hants 351 & 167-2In-PlayKent 507
Hampshire lead Kent by 11 runs with 8 wickets remainingSurrey 181 & 279ResultDerbys 210 & 251-2
Derbyshire win by 8 wicketsLeics 138 & 117ResultEssex 334
Essex win by an innings and 79 runs