Name: George Lohmann
Date of birth: 02/06/1865
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Right arm medium fast
Batting Style: Right-hand
- Test Debut v Australia at Manchester - July, 1886
- Statistically one of the greatest bowlers of all time. he took 112 wickets in 18 tests at a rate of 10.75, and economy of under 2 runs an over.
- A fast-medium pacer, he played with his angles of delivery but always maintained a searing accuracy made him unplayable at times.
- On the matting wickets of South Africa he took 35 wickets in three tests at 5.80.
- In 1892 he contracted tuberculosis and though he moved to South Africa to avoid the bitter English winters he remained unwell and died in 1901 aged 36.
- 1889 Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1886-1896||Innings Bowled:||36|
|Highest Score:||62||Best bowling in Innings:||9/28|