Name: Billy Barnes
Date of birth: 27/05/1852
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Right-hand
Test Debut v Australia at the Oval - Sept 6-8, 1880
- A forceful batsman who also contributed well with his medium pace bowling.
- Barnes was a first choice for England for a decade.
- He scored 134 in the first ever test in Adelaide and bowled England to victory in Melbourne with figures of 6 for 31. He took 51 test wickets at a rate of 15.54, and scored 725 test runs in 33 test innings.
- Barnes was named Wisden Cricketer of the year in 1890.
- Known to have enjoyed his drink, he became a landlord and died at the age of only 46.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1880-1890||Innings Bowled:||28|
|Highest Score:||134||Best bowling in Innings:||6/28|