Name: Collins Obuya
Date of birth: 27/07/1981
International Team: Kenya
Domestic Team: Kenya
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Leg break
Batting Style: Right-hand
- ODI debut v West Indies at Nairobi, Aug 15, 2001
- T20I debut v Bangladesh at Nairobi, Sep 1, 2007.
- Collins' 13 wickets during the 2003 World Cup was a major contribution in Kenya reaching the semi-finals, this included 5 for 24 in the vital victory over Sri Lanka in Nairobi.
- The following summer he played first-class cricket for Warwickshire in England, but failed to recapture the form he showed in the World Cup.
- He missed the 2004 Champions Trophy due to appendicitis.
- Spent five weeks with Terry Jenner in Australia in 2005 in an attempt to recapture his bowling form.
- Despite his stint with Jenner he failed to find his bowling form and reverted to a specialist batsman and effective fielder.
- Obuya's brothers Kennedy Otieno and David Obuya have both represented the national cricket team.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2001-2013||Innings Bowled:||48|
|Highest Score:||98||Best bowling in Innings:||5/24|