Name: Mark Butcher
Date of birth: 23/08/1972
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: N/A
Bowling Style: Right arm medium
Batting Style: Left-hand
- Test Debut v Australia at Birmingham - Jun, 1997
- A combative opener with a good selection of shots, but a glaring weakness to spin.
- In 2000 his career, and marriage to Alec Stewart's sister Judy, crumbled.
- With help from his father Alan, he rebuilt his career and made a comeback as a No.3.
- The pinnacle of his career came in 2001 with a masterful 173 not out winning the
Headingley test almost single handed against the Australians.
- He 2002 he scored 551 test runs at an average of 55.
- Was England's top scorer during the successful West Indies tour in 2004 with 296 run's.
- Injury cut short his England career after 42 consecutive test appearances.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||1997-2004||Innings Bowled:||30|
|Highest Score:||173||Best bowling in Innings:||4/42|
Today's Fixtures & Results
New Zealand 152-9ResultAustralia 151
New Zealand win by 1 wicketEngland22:00Sri Lanka
India 104-1ResultUAE 102
India win by 9 wickets
New Zealand 230-8ResultEngland 232-5
England Women win by 5 wickets
NSW 345 & 97ResultWestern Austral 300 & 143-3
Western Australia win by 7 wicketsVictoria 389ResultQueensland 207 & 168
Victoria win by an innings and 14 runs
Related Mark Butcher News
Butcher announces retirement
Surrey captain Mark Butcher has announced his retirement from first-class cricket with immediate effect.
Afzaal century in vain
Usman Afzaal hit a century for Surrey as they drew with Yorkshire at the Brit Oval.
Surrey bat out for draw
Surrey finished at 83-3 in pursuit of a victory target of 270 against Durham at the Riverside.