Name: Vikram Solanki
Date of birth: 01/04/1976
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: Surrey
Bowling Style: Off break
Batting Style: Right-hand
- ODI Debut v South Africa at Bloemfontain - Jan 23, 2000
- Born in India and raised in Wolverhampton.
- Debuted for Worcestershire as a 16-year-old and instantly caught the eye.
- Played on two England A tours and was selected for the tour to South Africa and Zimbabwe in 1999/2000.
- Was dropped after an unconvincing display but returned for the 2003 World Cup.
- Struggled again and but still got in the squad for England's Champions Trophy campaign at the end of the 2004 season.
- Appointed Worcestershire's captain in 2005.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2000-2006||Innings Bowled:||7|
|Highest Score:||106||Best bowling in Innings:||1/17|
Today's Fixtures & Results
NSW 144-6TeaTasmania 237
New South Wales trail Tasmania by 93 runs with 4 wickets remainingVictoria 534-6 DecBetween InningsSouth AustraliaQueensland 27-0TeaWestern Austral 417-7 Dec
Queensland trail Western Australia by 390 runs with 10 wickets remaining
Related Vikram Solanki News
Vikram Solanki welcomes Hashim Amla and T20 boost
Vikram Solanki is convinced the arrival of Hashim Amla will give Surrey a welcome boost.
County Championship: Surrey skipper Vikram Solanki leads from front
Vikram Solanki's first century for Surrey saw them up to 362-6, a lead of 67, at stumps on day three against Sussex.
Solanki makes Surrey switch
Former England batsman Vikram Solanki is to join Surrey at the end of the season, ending his 20-year association with Worcestershire.