Name: Brad Hogg
Date of birth: 06/02/1971
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: Western Australia
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Slow left arm
Batting Style: Left-hand
- Test debut v India at Delhi - October 1996.
- ODI debut v Zimbabwe at Colombo - August 2006.
- Left-arm chinaman bowler who spent most of his playing days in the shadow of Shane Warne after starting his career as a specialist batsman.
- Stood in for Warne to make his Test debut in 1996, but had to wait seven years and 78 matches - an Australian - record to make another appearance.
- Filled in for Warne in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa to form part of Australia's winning team.
- Took 21 wickets at 15.80 in the 2007 World Cup as Australia scooped their third straight trophy.
- Was Australia's first-choice spinner during the 2008-09 Test series against India, but managed just eight wickets at an average close to 60.
- Retired at the end of that series having had far greater succes in ODIs than Tests.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2007-2008||Innings Bowled:||6|
|Highest Score:||79||Best bowling in Innings:||2/51|
|Career Span:||2007-2008||Innings Bowled:||31|
|Highest Score:||40||Best bowling in Innings:||4/27|
Full International Career History
|Jan 24 2008||India||Adelaide||1||16*|
|Jan 2 2008||India||Sydney||1||79|
|Dec 26 2007||India||Melbourne||1||17|
|Mar 2 2008||India||Sydney||1||23*|
|Feb 29 2008||Sri Lanka||Melbourne||1||21|
|Feb 22 2008||Sri Lanka||Melbourne||1||4|
|Feb 17 2008||India||Adelaide||1||32|
|Feb 15 2008||Sri Lanka||Perth||1||5|
|Oct 17 2007||India||Gymkhana Ground, Mumbai||1||0|
|Oct 8 2007||India||Punjab C.A. Stadium, Chandigarh||1||0|
|Apr 20 2007||New Zealand||Grenada||1||0*|
|Mar 27 2007||West Indies||Antigua||1||5*|
|Mar 14 2007||Scotland||St Kitts||1||40*|
|Feb 16 2007||New Zealand||Westpac Stadium, Wellington||1||20|
|Feb 11 2007||England||Sydney||1||10|
|Feb 9 2007||England||Melbourne||1||10|
Related Brad Hogg News
Hogg set to make history
Brad Hogg is set to become the oldest cricketer to play for Australia at a World Cup after being picked for the ICC World Twenty20.
Aussie duo bow out
Australian duo Adam Gilchrist and Brad Hogg have retired from international cricket.
Aus v Ind - 4th Test preview
India appear set to recall Harbhajan Singh for the series decider in Adelaide, while Brad Hogg is likely to return for Australia.