Name: Niall O'Brien
Date of birth: 08/11/1981
International Team: Ireland
Domestic Team: Northamptonshire
Role: Wicket Keeper
Bowling Style: Unknown
Batting Style: Left-hand
- ODI debut v Ireland at Ayr - August, 2006
- The wicketkeeper-batsman produced some impressive performances for his native Ireland, including a scintillating hundred in a three-day match against MCC, before joining Kent
- He scampered to an unbeaten 58 to help Ireland defeat West Indies in June 2004, and even lit Brian Lara's fuse after Lara refused to walk after a strong appeal for caught behind had been rejected
- Opportunities for O'Brien at Kent have so far arisen through Geraint Jones's elevation to the England side and he made an impact with three half-centuries in his first 11 matches
- However when Jones was dropped by from the Test team in August 2006, O'Brien was pushed back into the second team and was released at the end of the summer
- His fiery temperament also caught the eye of the match referee during the ICC Trophy matches.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2006-2015||Innings Bowled:||0|
|Highest Score:||80||Best bowling in Innings:||N/A|
ICC World Cup Pool B
|United Arab Emirates||4||0|
Related Niall O'Brien News
Division Two: James Vince leads way for Hampshire, Worcestershire's Saeed Ajmal makes instant impact
Hampshire's James Vince hit his second ton of the season, while Saeed Ajmal made an instant impact for Worcestershire.
Leicestershire sign up Ireland international Niall O'Brien
Northamptonshire's Ireland international Niall O'Brien will join Leicestershire for the start of next season.
Ireland struck by sickness
Ireland are dealing with an outbreak of illness in the camp on the eve of their do-or-die World Twenty20 meeting with West Indies.