Name: Michael Yardy
Date of birth: 27/11/1980
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: Sussex
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Slow left arm
Batting Style: Left-hand
- ODI debut: v Pakistan at Nottingham, Sept 8, 2006.
- T20I debut: v Pakistan at Bristol, August 28 2006.
- Topped the domestic batting tables in 2005.
- Scored 257 runs and took 5/83 v Bangladesh, the highest score by a Sussex batsman against a touring team.
- Selected for England A tour of West Indies and the Champions Trophy in 2007.
- Took over as Sussex captain in 2009 and led the team to victory in the Twenty20 Cup and Pro40s.
- Was dropped after a few disappointing performances and spent three years in the international wilderness before getting a call-up to the England squad for the World T20 in the Caribbean in 2010.
- Played a key role as England romped to victory in the Caribbean.
- Those T20 performances earned him another chance at 50-over level, and Yardy impressed in the NatWest Series wins over Australia and Bangladesh.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2006-2011||Innings Bowled:||30|
|Highest Score:||61||Best bowling in Innings:||3/24|
County Season Overview
|Career Span:||2014-2014||Innings Bowled:||0|
|Highest Score:||139||Best bowling in Innings:||N/A|
Related Michael Yardy News
New Sussex deal for Yardy
Sussex all-rounder Michael Yardy has signed a new one-year extension to his contract with the county.
Fulton voices Trott concerns
Sky Sports cricket analyst David Fulton believes Jonathan Trott may find it hard to return for England in the future.
Sussex dominate at Taunton
Somerset collapsed to 244 all out after opting to bat first on day one against Sussex, who closed on 174-2 in reply.