Name: Michael Yardy
Date of birth: 27/11/1980
International Team: N/A
Domestic Team: Sussex
Role: All Rounder
Bowling Style: Slow left arm
Batting Style: Left-hand
- ODI debut: v Pakistan at Nottingham, Sept 8, 2006.
- T20I debut: v Pakistan at Bristol, August 28 2006.
- Topped the domestic batting tables in 2005.
- Scored 257 runs and took 5/83 v Bangladesh, the highest score by a Sussex batsman against a touring team.
- Selected for England A tour of West Indies and the Champions Trophy in 2007.
- Took over as Sussex captain in 2009 and led the team to victory in the Twenty20 Cup and Pro40s.
- Was dropped after a few disappointing performances and spent three years in the international wilderness before getting a call-up to the England squad for the World T20 in the Caribbean in 2010.
- Played a key role as England romped to victory in the Caribbean.
- Those T20 performances earned him another chance at 50-over level, and Yardy impressed in the NatWest Series wins over Australia and Bangladesh.
International Career Overview
|Career Span:||2006-2011||Innings Bowled:||30|
|Highest Score:||61||Best bowling in Innings:||3/24|
Today's Fixtures & Results
Australia 278-8ResultEngland 166
Australia win by 112 runs
Related Michael Yardy News
Ashley Giles had no problems with Kevin Pietersen during England career
Ashley Giles has insisted he got on "very well" with Kevin Pietersen during their time together with England.
Michael Yardy commits to Sussex until end of 2015 season
Sussex all-rounder Michael Yardy has signed a new one-year extension to his contract with the county.
Ashes 2013-14: David Fulton fears Jonathan Trott may find it hard to return to England fold
Sky Sports cricket analyst David Fulton believes Jonathan Trott may find it hard to return for England in the future.