Australia pace bowler Ryan Harris looks set to miss the first Test against New Zealand through injury.
The powerful quick is struggling with soreness in his left side, with Australia selectors calling up Peter George ahead of the series opener in Wellington on Friday.
Harris missed the final game of the Chappell-Hadlee series with the injury, and with poor weather in New Zealand preventing Australia from training outdoors the former Redback may not be selected.
"Ryan Harris reported some left-side soreness after the fourth ODI of the current series against New Zealand," said Australian physiotherapist Alex Kountouris.
"Since then he has improved significantly and has bowled at low intensity for the last two training days.
"However, due to the inclement weather he was unable to bowl outdoors as planned today (Wednesday) and therefore it is not clear if he will be available for the first Test match.
"The plan is he will bowl again outdoors tomorrow and hopefully be passed fit to play."
George, 23, will travel across the Tasman with selectors reluctant to call on any of the players taking part in the Sheffield Shield final between Victoria and Queensland.
Having made his first-class debut for the Redbacks in 2008-09, George has taken 56 wickets in 16 matches, including 36 wickets in 10 games at 30.44 this summer.
"Peter George is an exciting young fast bowler who has a very good Sheffield Shield season with South Australia," said National Selection Panel chairman Andrew Hilditch.
"The NSP believes that should the opportunity arise, Peter has the skills to succeed at this level and will benefit greatly from being around the Australian set-up."