Bond happy with NZ return
International comeback pleases former ICL defector
Last Updated: September 5, 2009 2:23pm
Bond: Claimed scalp of Dilshan
Shane Bond says he is "really pleased" with the way his return to international cricket has unfolded so far.
The New Zealand bowler spent two years in the wilderness after signing up for the controversial Indian Cricket League in 2007.
However, since cutting ties with the unsanctioned Twenty20 league, he has been welcomed back into the Black Caps' fold with open arms.
Bond was back on form in only his second match back, taking three for 18 in New Zealand's series-clinching 22-run Twenty20 win over Sri Lanka on Friday.
The 34-year-old stated that he remained completely relaxed while bowling despite the lengthy lay-off.
"I'm really pleased. I'm pleased the way I'm bowling at the end of an innings," Bond told Radio Sport.
"I haven't really done a lot of work on it, just these games here and one game in India, and it seems to be going pretty well so far.
"I suppose I'm no spring chicken any more but I've got a lot of experience to call on. I feel really relaxed and I feel really confident the way things are going for me and I've just got to keep working hard and doing the things I've been doing. It's good."
Bond's initial return to international cricket did not go as smoothly as Sri Lanka batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan smashed him for four consecutive boundaries in his opening over.
But revenge came on Friday when Bond dismissed the opener for only one run, a wicket Bond took great pleasure in capturing.
"It was great (to get him early). He gave me some stick in the last game but I had a real clear game-plan of how I wanted to attack him this time and it worked perfectly," he added.
"It's just one of those things. It was a good feeling to put a plan in place and get his wicket. I'll obviously need to do some similar things in the one-day series because he is still in great form."