India have withdrawn their complaint against Australia's Brad Hogg after a meeting between the two team captains.
The meeting between Anil Kumble and Ricky Ponting was convened by the ICC's chief match referee, Ranjan Madugalle, in a bid to clear the air between the teams ahead of the third Test in Perth.
Hogg had been due to attend an ICC hearing after being charged with using insulting words towards Kumble and Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the stormy second Test in Sydney.
The Australia spinner was charged after India's Harbhajan Singh had been banned for three matches for racially abusing Andrew Symonds, a verdict Harbhajan has appealed.
However, Kumble issued a statement on Monday, insisting the matter has now been dropped.
He said: "What happened was that Ricky and I met up, had a discussion along with Ranjan and after that we decided that it was important that the game of cricket moves on."
Kumble added: "Cricket is larger than any individual. So it is important that we forget about what happened in Sydney which had some bad memories and incidents. It is now time to move on.
"In view of that, we have decided as a team to withdraw the charge made against Brad Hogg.
"It was just one of those incidents, probably in the heat of the moment. We now need to move on."
The ICC confirmed to PA Sport that the matter was now closed. "As it was the India team manager Chetan Chauhan who laid the charge against Brad Hogg, he is entitled to withdraw the charge prior to the case being heard," said ICC communications officer James Fitzgerald.
"The result is that the case is dismissed and the matter is now closed."