Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson has been forced out of the World Twenty20 because of a toe infection.
The 32-year-old was sent home from the recent tour of South Africa after suffering a cut to his toe during the third Test to allow him time to recover.
However, the in-form left-armer has not responded to treatment as quickly as hoped and will now stay in Perth for further rest and recuperation, with Doug Bollinger called into the squad in his place.
Cricket Australia's chief medical officer Dr Justin Paoloni said: "Mitchell had a cut on his right big toe after the third Test against South Africa, which became infected when he returned home to Australia after the series.
"We have given Mitchell as long as we can but unfortunately his infection hasn't responded to the treatment as quickly as we had hoped with swelling remaining in his toe and foot.
"It is difficult to say how quickly the infection will take to resolve and, due to the high risk of infection recurrence with a return to bowling, we feel it is in the best interests of Mitchell's health for him to continue to receive intensive treatment in Perth."
Bangladesh hosts the ICC tournament which gets under way on Sunday.
Health more important
Australia coach Darren Lehmann had raised the prospect of Johnson's withdrawal after their six-wicket win over South Africa last week, stating: "If he's not healthy enough to travel, he won't travel. Health's a bit more important than a game of cricket."
It is a big blow for Australia who play a warm-up fixture against New Zealand on Wednesday, before opening their campaign against Pakistan on March 23.
Despite Bollinger not having appeared for Australia since October 2011, chairman of selectors John Iverarity said: "Doug has had significant experience in the sub-continent and in international white-ball cricket and his ability to bowl with good pace was a factor in his selection."