Siddle itching to return
Peter Siddle says he is "ready to go" after being named in Australia's 17-man squad for the Ashes opener.
Last Updated: 15/11/10 2:36pm
Peter Siddle is hoping to make his return to the Test arena after a 10-month absence in the Ashes opener.
The Victoria paceman is one of five seamers in Australia's 17-man squad for the Brisbane showdown, which starts on November 25.
He last wore the Baggy Green in Australia's win over Pakistan in Hobart last January when he picked up five-wicket haul, with a back injury sidelining him since then.
"It's going to be a big series - five Tests - a lot of things are going to happen through that time, a lot of players are no doubt going to be used and hopefully we're all a part of it," said Siddle.
"But I've done everything I can up until now, I feel I'm ready to play, ready to go, and we've got until next Thursday to know whether I'm part of it or not, but it's a good part to be in at the moment.
"I've obviously been out of the game for 10 months, and not playing, and those blokes that have come in have performed well and done very well for Australia.
"It is going to be hard, I've done everything I can and everything I've been asked of me.
"It's just a matter of getting up there and being a part of the team, and if I get the opportunity, I do, if not just keep working hard and hopefully play a part during the Test series."
The 25-year-old said his absence from Wednesday's Sheffield Shield encounter against Western Australia at the MCG was a planned one, but his state counterparts in Mitchell Johnson, Marcus North and Mike Hussey will all be representing the Warriors as they state their final case for selection.
Johnson played for Perth club Wanneroo at the weekend, and forked out 11 wides in his 10-over spell, claiming the game's format dictated his bowling style.
"I thought I bowled pretty well, it was a wicket we were not normally familiar with.
"But I enjoyed it, I did bowl a few down leg side, but it was one-day game for us on the weekend," he said.