Graham Napier has expressed his disappointment at being left out of England's squad for the World Twenty20 despite his impressive form in the shortest format of the game.
Essex all-rounder Napier holds the record for the most sixes in a Twenty20 innings with 16, as well as being the leading wicket-taker in the format with 88 in 66 games.
Napier is also one of just eight English players to be playing in the third Indian Premier League season, and he arrived on Tuesday to join up with the Mumbai Indians.
Despite his Twenty20 form though, Napier has been strangely overlooked by the England selectors, who left him out of their initial 30-man party for the tournament in the Caribbean.
While Napier was overlooked, England included surprise names such as rangy Middlesex paceman Steven Finn and Yorkshire's left-arm spinner David Wainwright.
"I'm deeply disappointed not to be involved in the 30-man squad, having played well in Twenty20 cricket over the winter (for Central Districts in New Zealand)," Napier said on his personal website.
"I am currently the leading wicket-taker in Twenty20 cricket and have the ability to take the attack to the opposition with the bat if required.
"I feel Twenty20 is a form of the game that suits me well and the more experience I've gained in it the more effective I have become.
"There is an opportunity for me over the next few weeks - as one of only eight English players involved in the IPL - to show the England selectors what they are missing out on."
The build-up to the IPL has been mired in security concerns, with al Qaeda threatening to target the event in the wake of a recent bomb attack in Pune.
But Napier said: "It was just a case of the PCA (Professional Cricketers' Association) working hard to get assurances from the IPL in terms of security.
"Having been involved with the Mumbai Indians last year I know the level of security they had out in South Africa (when the tournament was moved).
"I felt comfortable the security would be at a high enough level to accommodate us here."