Simon Katich and Shaun Tait are waiting for advice from the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) before making a decision on their participation in the Indian Premier League.
An attack in Pune which killed nine people last week, coupled with a warning from terrorist group Al-Qaeda that athletes' safety in India cannot be guaranteed, has raised security question marks ahead of the IPL, which starts on March 12.
Australia's IPL contingent will meet with their players' association in Sydney on Tuesday to receive the latest security update.
"There's no doubt as players we trust the security advice we're given," said opening batsman Katich, who is contracted to the Kings XI Punjab.
"In the past we've obviously not gone on tours like Pakistan and if there's issues with India...there's no doubt we'll find out tomorrow the full extent when the meeting gets held in Sydney."
Rajasthan Royals paceman Tait added: "At the moment I probably know as much as anyone.
"We'll find a bit more out in this meeting and I'll be talking to Rajasthan to see what they've got to say. The rest is out of my control.
"The whole situation is a little disappointing because I'd love to go to the IPL (but) hopefully everything works out and we can go."
Asked if it was important athletes stood up to terrorist threats and continued to ply their trade, Tait responded: "It's a bit more serious than that. It's not something where you can just wander in and start running the show.
"There are some serious people involved."
The ACA chief executive Paul Marsh said he had received information from a security consultant warning Australia, England and South Africa's cricketers about competing in the IPL.
The IPL, Hockey World Cup and Commonwealth Games were all mentioned by a terrorist group, known as 313 Brigade, as potential targets. The group have allegedly warned any foreign athletes not to compete in the events.
Last year's IPL was moved to South Africa in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks.